Friday, February 27, 2009

I running I shall Go......

Well ever since I received the email from my Cuz last month about Amanda and Matt running a half Marathon, I have pondered about getting back into shape. So this morning I have decided to go for it God willing I am going to run for the 1/2 Marathon and get into shape. I am working on a 10 week plan for getting in shape and am getting together with a co worker to train for the race. I am at a weight that I am getting uncomfortable with again, About a year ago just before we went to ET I weighed in at 270 and lost about 30lbs since coming home but since Christmas i have floated back up a few pounds and I do not want to go back over the 250 mark. I have decided to run for the purpose of getting healthy again and the hopes of dropping another 20-30 lbs. I know it will not be easy but with the support of my family and Gods will I know that I can accomplish anything. so I am going out for 6 miles tomorrow and hope for the best I have done 2 3 mile runs this week and have been just off my old avg. turning in about a 32.5 min 5K( 3.1miles) so I have already started my running program and am ready to have me shine through on to the finish line. thanks for letting ramble on God bless Jon

1 comment:

Adventures of Antone said...

Jon, Jeff is doing a sprint triathlon in June down the Cape!! I think its a great thing to work toward...Happy Running!

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte