Some days just make you want to crawl back into bed and sleep more, and Saturday was one of those days!! I was tired to begin with, and Gabe woke at 5:45 screaming from the moment his eyes opened!!!!UUUGGGHH!!! Not a fun way to begin the day, and so I was grouchy with him, trying to work with him on being alone in his room for a bit without me, but he was having none of it, he just wailed harder, finally I made him lie down again, and had to leave and close the door. Not a shining moment in my mothering, but necessary since I was close to losing it completely, and it was only 6:30, before my first cup of coffee, YIKES!!! After he finally cried a bit, screamed some more, and wailed, howled and hiccupped, he calmed a bit, and so I asked him if he was all done, he responded "all done mama, down now?!?" in his quivery little sobby voice, break my heart baby, just stomp on it more, please make me feel more guilty of breaking all mothering and adoption rules(heavy sarcasm and sadness intended here!). I went in to get him and he calmed down, then played quietly while I stood outside his gate, so some days it is truly baby steps, but whatever works at that hour I guess!! The rest of the day proceeded in a like fashion, lots of crying, arguing, fussing, whining, and yelling, in equal parts from the kids and from me too!! I pretty much lost control of them early on and never really got it back, but looking back they were pretty good for long stretches, it is just the bad stretches were so very trying!! I told Jon I was glad I could escape to work, and left early, I needed to get out!! The kids were better for Jon, but not by a lot, he took them on a drive, just to keep them contained and be out for a while, then they had an early night to bed.
What a difference a night of good sleep makes, I slept in, Jon took the kids out to get whipped cream donuts, my favorite!!, and I slept like the dead for many hours. I woke refreshed and ready to take on the day, and the kids were in great moods too!! Then when they started to get crazy and fall apart, I found the beading kits we had planned to use in ET, but never did. So the girls spent over an hour stringing beads and buttons to make jewelery, and Gabe used some foam beads and pipe cleaners to string, which is good PT for him too. He did a good job, he manipulated the beads and pipe cleaner and managed to string the pretty well, I was pleased with his progress and determination. So all in all a good day after a long night of good sleep.
Today I am going to make some pumpkin chocolate chip bread with MB, just the two of us, so she can do a good job and be proud of her efforts and have a yummy snack too!!!
But first I am off to remove a splinter from her foot, ouch, not fun!!Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment