Yeah for me, I made it!!! One whole night sleeping in my own bed, a whole floor away from the kids and I actually slept!! I have been sleeping wither in Gabe's room(for the first few weeks) or on the Ikea pull out chair we have. The chair is pretty comfy, but not as nice and squishy as my bed, and I cannot stretch out on the chair either. I miss Jon too, even though he comes to bed way after me I still miss curling up next to him when I get cool(yes even in summer I get chilly!). So yesterday we went out and bought a nice monitor, we had to go with a higher end model since we have a monitor in the girls room and we needed one that scans for channels that are free. Funny side note, a few months ago, before our referral I was sleeping and heard a baby screaming and crying, I woke with a jump thinking I was dreaming and hoping our babies would not scream and cry like that. Turns out it was our neighbor 5 houses away their kid was crying like that and I was hearing it!! Too funny!
Anywho, we got a nice monitor and Jon set it up and we tested it out, with the girls monitor in the next room running too, and they both worked, and I could hear the test separately from each room, so that was good. Of course I woke a dozen times in the night to hold the monitor to my ear and see if someone was stirring or crying, but not a pee, and little G slept until 6:20, then played with the gate and a few lincoln logs for a bit, and I got him about 10 before 7 when he was starting to get restless. The girls slept through the night with no nightmares or tears, they have been going to sleep well recently, thank goodness.
Little G had his Early Intervention testing done yesterday, and he did really well. It was during his typical nap time, so we were not sure how he would behave, and having 3 women in the house that are strangers might not have been good. Gabe surprised us though, he took to the women well, sitting with them and playing with the toys presented. He followed the directions, and examples they gave him, and stacked blocks, made chains of blocks, found hidden toys etc. They were pleased with is willingness to try new things, and to mimic them correctly, and his being willing to give the toys back impressed them as well, me too to be honest he is not prone to sharing well!! The ladies had him say words and identify objects, he did not do so well here, his language skills are below average, but catching up fast as he repeated new words they used quite well. Over all we were very impressed, and the places where he lags they feel he will catch up quickly, and with some OT, Pt and water therapy he will advance that much faster. The water therapy is what I am most excited about, he will love this and really do well with it, and his mobility and strength should increase hugely with this program. So a very good visit, and then a nice nap, dinner and outside to cap off the evening, a really busy day for everyone!!
gotta go it is snack time, J
No comments:
Post a Comment