Thursday, February 28, 2008

busy here, busy at home

Wow!! It has been a few days since I posted, sorry, life has been a bit hectic lately. Julianna and I have been covering for my bosses while they are away for a much needed respite, but it is a constant struggle to get work done, Julianna entertained, fed and out of trouble, and keep track of the construction boys who have taken over. The timing is good though since Jon said he has been making huge messes and destroying our house at 9pm lately, and then not cleaning up when finished, this is a big no no when I am home, but I am not there to complain so he is going nuts!!
Speaking of keeping Julianna fed, I am currently amazed at how much she can eat, she will have a bowl of oatmeal, some juice, then an hour alter eat some fruit or half a scone, water or milk, then want another snack like a fruit roll up before lunch, then lunch and a snack, then be hungry for veggie sticks and dip by 4 and still eat dinner, then want another little something before bed!! Good grief it is a constant struggle to keep her fed, Jon thinks that she is growing so that she can remain bigger than her little sister, since Amelia Birtukan is almost as tall and heavy, but Julianna has grown almost 2 inches since Christmas!! Her feet are growing again too, poor baby she might end up with daddy's feet, and a nice size 13 high heel shoe is hard to find!!!
Well I have finally gotten just about finished with Gabriel and Amelia's gifts to send to them. I have been taking forever to get their photo albums together, and get their squankie's done(that is a square blankie for those of you not in the know!). I got iron on paper and printed our pics and put it on the kids squankie's, along with their photo so they would get their squankie back, and we slept with it in our bed for a few days, so it will smell like us when they get it, then when we get them I have another matching squankie for each kid so they can make sure to have soemthing familiar to take with them. I know this sounds weird and extreme, but I am very sensitive to smells and am comforted by familiar smells, and Julianna is the same way, many kids know their blanket by the smell and feel, and Hopefully our two will be comforted by their old squankie and the new one being matching. The photo album I am sending is really cool, it is a Hallmark Holiday album, and it has space for you to record 10 messages, so we have daddy saying hi and singing the itsy Bitsy Spider, with Julianna, and Julianna saying Hi, and me reading parts of our favorite stories to them, each child has their own with different pictures and papers, and of course I added tons of scrappy stickers and lots of bling for Amelia, and fun velvety animals for Gabriel, I think they will like the books, and the nannies read them their books from the parents pretty often, so the kiddos should be used to our voices by the time we travel.
Travel!!! I have been scoping out airline prices and talking to a travel agent friend lately, but don't want to dwell on it too much since the court date is not set in stone, and can get pushed back for no apparent reason, and it might not all go as smoothly as we would like. Right now I am glad that I am so busy that I can't think about the upcoming day that i will officially be a mother to 3, YYIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEEE!!! But I am not thinking about it , right!!!!!!!
Well, I have one tuckered out little girl so I am off to have some quiet time while she is down, hugs Jamie

No comments:

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte