Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have recently been heard to say that I wish Julianna could stay this age forever(crazy I know!!!)!!! The other night I was tucking Julianna in, and her bed was cold, so I curled up under the covers with her, and read to her. Well she fell asleep quickly, and then I just laid there, holding her, all soft, sweet and warm next to me. I just wanted to absorb her right into me, and keep her there forever, so I pressed my nose into her silky soft hair, and drifted off to sleep with her. Jon came in later to find us still sleeping all curled together, Julianna all but buried beneath me and the covers, tucked in as close as she could get. These are the days I dream of, and the ones I hold onto when she drives me insane with her crazy antics, and stubborn streak.
I am not sure that I will ever get enough of giving Julianna kisses, I will kiss her repeatedly, I swear she will have a bald spot soon on the top of her head from my rubbing my face in her hair when we are curled up watching TV. Poor baby, sometimes I kiss her so much she actually has to say "no more!!", and then wishes for her baby brother and sister, to take some of the kisses too!!! Oh my sweet baby girl, soon those sweet rounded cheeks will give way to an elegant jaw line, and lovely high cheek bones, and that baby smell will be gone and perfume will take its place, and just writing that makes me get all teary eyed, so for now I will get in all the kisses I can, and save them for a day when my baby becomes grows up!!:(
I am off to get a few more kisses in before I make dinner!!
Love and blessings, Jamie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie. I did tear up reading your blog... Seems so long ago that I did that with Jon and chris and you brought back so many memories. Treasure the time. It goes so fast. I love that I have grandchildren to cuddle with again. Sometimes with Julianna I just love to sit with her in my chair and hold on... Soon that time will be gone as you so noted. Just wait about 20 years,,, It will come back to visit you with even stronger feelings.. You will be holding a child. that you child made. God makes miracles for us to treasure. In the worst of moments, my family and especially my grandchildren hold my life together. I love you all.... Grammy

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte