Saturday, September 1, 2007

OOOOHHHH, I am upset

Ok, this particular item has not hit the CHSFS Forum yet, but when it does, watch out!!!
I have just finished reading and digesting a forum friend's blog, and am very upset, and heartsick at the problems that could come of this! A Forum friend(Angie and Lamar) are just now returning from Ethiopia having picked up their sweet new babies, while they were there another mom, who is a big reporter in DC was there too. Which in itself is fine, except that she chose to use her adoption trip to show ET adoption, and the "Real Story", at least her real story. My anger comes from the fact that she has apparently been taping other families there, and also birth families, this is expressly forbidden by CHSFS, for privacy and other issues. When confronted with this, reporter/mom refused to not use the footage she had gotten of the other families, she never asked them any adoption questions, or requested their permission to picture their kids!! This makes me angry since we are not allowed to bring a camera to the Care center, so as to preserve the privacy of the children, and I am sure that she signed the waiver agreeing to this, but then proceeded to ignore this and did her own thing. This is the part that makes me heartsick, since the whole no camera rule came about recently because people were randomly taking pics of all the kids, not just their own, and this is unfair to these children's prospective parents. So now no camera allowed at your first meeting, except by the care center staff, they take video and pics. I am hoping that this woman's taking advantage of the ET care center staff will not result in more rules that are even tighter. GGGRRRRRR!!!!!!!
I have not seen this yet posted on the Forum, and did not want to upset everyone while Angie and Lamar are not available to discuss it further(they are flying right now!!!), but am so upset about this. Jon wonders if part of her desire to adopt was the story she could get out of it too, since she has done charity work, and news stories on AIDS and fundraising. She is a high profile news anchor in her metro area, and this will make a good story. I am hoping that this is not the driving reason for her adoption, since she will find it a great deal of work just for a story!!
Well I am finished venting for now, I just hope and pray that this causes no long term problems, that we will have to wade through when we go to Ethiopia, GGGRRRRR!!! to her!!
well best wishes to all for a happy and healthy Labor Day!!! Jamie

PS Happy Birthday to UPS that celebrated it's 100th birthday last Tuesday, Jon made a really great cake of a UPS truck for the guys on his shift, he is a very cool boss!! I will get him to post a pic of the cake, it was very good, and yummy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to you all. I can understand your angst at this reporter who seems to be using her adoption for "her minute of fame" what happens to the child adopted???Will he or she always associate the adoption with a "work project" Perhaps now there will be no consequense to the child, but, when older and the child researches the adoption as all do, will he or she feel "used" as apposed to being chosen out of love..

On a brighter side may I take this time to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON. My baby and he is now a grown man with his own family. I am so proud of who he has become. he is a son, husband and father that is loved and cherished... Happy Birthday baby Love, Mom

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte