Friday, March 16, 2007

New Friends and Families........

Well today Julianna and I had been invited to a playgroup with families whom have adopted from Ethiopia.Jamie met them last Friday at a social dinner for the mom's group, and they invited us to the playgroup.It was great I was a bit nervous and forgot our snacks ( will be prepared next time)the playgroup is usually held at the children's museum in Providence on a every other week schedule. Julianna and I got their a little early and the first mom we met was Dianne and her son Amani a 22 month old very cute, then we meet Cheryl and Aster whom is also very Cute and had great hair she was also around 20 months then we meet Marry with her three children Christopher 4 1/2 ,Kristinia 3 1/2 and baby Michael. It was great to meet some other families whom have adopted from Ethiopia they were all so nice they shared their snacks with us and Julianna had a blast playing with all of the kids in the pirate ship and the little woods and the new bridge building room.
If it was not enough to meet all of these fun and interesting people here this week Julianna also made a new friend while at the park in Portsmouth Play ground Katlyne, it just so happened that when Julianna and i went back on Wednesday Katlyne and her mom were back and the kid's played together and i got to meet they mom, and come to find out they only live about a mile away from our house. so over all this was a week of hopefully great beginnings to wonderful friendships God wiling .. in till next time Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your site. it is so fun to look at the pics. It amazes me how tech you are and I have so much to learn... you, Jamie and Julianna makes me proud to say I am your parent, her mother in law ( pia) and a Grammy, soon to be a multiple Grammy.. Christmas should be fun this year if all works well, could be 6 grandchildren.. you know what that means now my children.... the grandkids get all the gift and the parents just get to watch them open their gifts... that is their christmas gift... Life cycles are wonderful are they not... in 20-30 years you will know the pleasure and love I feel now.... the continuation of family. Love you all so much. Mom AKA Grammy

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.

My Favorite book says we are all adopted.
By Jamie DuPonte